Advocating for individual and family supports and services for Louisiana’s citizens who experience developmental disabilities.
- Children, regardless of the severity of their disability, need families and enduring relationships with adults in a nurturing home environment. As with all childern, children with developmental disabilities need families and family relationships to develop to their fullest potential.
- Adults with developmental disabilities should be afforded the opportunity to make decisions for themselves and to live in typical homes and communities where they can exercise their full rights and responsibilites as citizens.
Linking lawmakers, self-advocates, and families to make a difference for individuals with disabilities.
LaCAN's 2015 Legislative/Advocacy Agenda
Click the links below to read the fact sheets for each agenda item: (Fact sheets coming soon)
- Fund 500 New Waiver Slots to End the Wait
- Increase Funding for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities
- Increase Rates for Home and Community Based Waiver Providers