Advocating for individual and family supports and services for Louisiana’s citizens who experience developmental disabilities.
- Children, regardless of the severity of their disability, need families and enduring relationships with adults in a nurturing home environment. As with all childern, children with developmental disabilities need families and family relationships to develop to their fullest potential.
- Adults with developmental disabilities should be afforded the opportunity to make decisions for themselves and to live in typical homes and communities where they can exercise their full rights and responsibilites as citizens.
Linking lawmakers, self-advocates, and families to make a difference for individuals with disabilities.
LaCAN's 2015 Legislative/Advocacy Agenda
Click the links below to read the Fact Sheets for each agenda item: (Fact Sheets coming soon)
- Fill the Slots and End the Wait
- Restore Funding for Individual and Family Support
- Preserve the Louisiana Network of Family-Directed Resources Centers
- Protect Critical Supports and Services For Vulnerable Populations
- Adequately Fund Vocational Rehabilitation and Put People To Work